AGray

New Players stand up and be counted.
AGray
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar, bass guitar, percussion of all kinds, software synths
Recording Method: Macbook Pro, Presonus Inspire, Line6 Pod, Garageband, Cubase LE
Submitting as: Walnut Ranch

AGray

Post by AGray »

Hi folks! I checked this site out after seeing it mentioned in "Nerdcore Rising" and have been lurking for a few weeks now. I've been doing music all my life, it's my consuming passion, but I've only sporadically been involved in actually performing it. I'm a multi-instrumentalist, and have a Macbook Pro with Cubase LE and Garageband, a Kawai 88-key electronic piano that was a hand-me-down from my mother, and a varied collection of guitars and hand percussion with which I hope to start making music again as soon as I work up the nerve and self-discipline. I have yet to actually LIKE anything I've written myself, and I'm hoping that participating in SongFight will break me of that.

I'm 31, live in the Atlanta area, and am married with a 3-year-old son. My day job involves Oracle databases. I'm a musical omnivore - about the only things I won't listen to are the most egregious examples of gangsta rap and commercial country - but my first exposure to music was musical theater and my first exposure to rock was Queen, so I have a built-in fondness for ambition and embellishment in music. I'm also into World of Warcraft and SCA (though I'm just starting out in the latter, I haven't made up an alter ego yet).
jast
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Vocals, guitar
Recording Method: Cubase, Steinberg UR44
Submitting as: Jan Krueger
Pronouns: .

Re: AGray

Post by jast »

AGray wrote:My day job involves Oracle databases.
I feel for you.

That said, let me traditionally welcome you to Song Fight: welcome to Song Fight. Please be awesome.
AGray
A New Player
Instruments: Guitar, bass guitar, percussion of all kinds, software synths
Recording Method: Macbook Pro, Presonus Inspire, Line6 Pod, Garageband, Cubase LE
Submitting as: Walnut Ranch

Post by AGray »

jast wrote:
AGray wrote:My day job involves Oracle databases.
I feel for you.
LOL. It's miles better than my previous job, which was tech support and LAN administration. At least when people bitch to me now, it's about things that they legitimately can't do for themselves. But yeah, it's still a crisis-driven job in large part, and in no way resembles making music. :?
irwin
Mean Street
Instruments: insecurity
Recording Method: scotch
Submitting as: suckweasel, kasper, nutwalls

Post by irwin »

Welcome to Songfight! Please be awesome.
"Ouch. I wonder if this guy sounds like this when he speaks." -- Puce
Paco Del Stinko
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Basic rock, at a basic level.
Recording Method: Roland 2480
Submitting as: Paco del Stinko

Post by Paco Del Stinko »

Howdy!
Bringin' the stink since 2006.
signboy
Mean Street
Instruments: things that make noise
Recording Method: lots of stuff plugged into lots of other stuff

Post by signboy »

Welcome to Songfight! Please feel free not to suck :D (which actually has very little to do with the music you submit)
Irwin: I'd sell my soul to jesus to program drums like signboy.