SpinTunes #1

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
Ross
Jump
Instruments: Guitar, Vox, Bass, Tuned glasses, etc...
Recording Method: Logic on a Macbook.
Submitting as: Ross Durand

Re: SpinTunes #1

Post by Ross »

Oh, nos, Jon!

Well at least that improves my chances of moving on a little bit :-)
"I don't like this song, but at least it's good." - veGetar Ianra Ge
http://www.rossdurandmusic.com
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove
Submitting as: Spintown & Company
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Spintown »

That's alright Jon, I'm disappointed you won't have a chance to move on to round 3 though. You can always finish the song, and send it in as a shadow if you want. It'll be included on the album with the others if you do. I just got another shadow before I came here, so in all we'll have 20 news songs late tonight.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

The round 2 reviews, rankings & eliminations have been posted. The round 3 challenge should be posted around this time Sunday.

Ryan Welton, Bram Tant & Jon Eric were eliminated by the deadline.

Jenny Katz, Denise Hudson, Heather Miller, JoAnn Abbott & Emperor Gum were eliminated by the judges.

We are down to 12 now, and everyone who completes a song this round could possibly move on to round 4 even if they aren't the top 2. In the final round (4), if one of the finalist doesn't complete a song, a shadow song is picked to take their place. If there are multiple shadows, the person who finished with the highest score in round 3 gets the honors.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

The round 3 challenge just got posted.

Happy To Sad In 4 Seconds - Write a sad song about birth, a moment that is normally a happy moment, and make it a real tear jerker. You can't use the words "Happy" or "Birthday". (2 minute minimum) (your submission is due July 26th 11:59PM EST M)

Reminder:
Even if you are eliminated this round (only top 2 move on), the rankings in this round can have very important implications for round 4. Just in case you missed it before, this quote is right from the rules page:
If 1 of the 2 competitors fail to enter a song, a shadow song from someone who competed in the 3rd round will be judged & have a chance at victory. If there are multiple shadow songs, the person who had the most points in round 3 gets the opportunity.
The final challenge will be fairly difficult, and if one of the two finalist fail to enter a song, this round will help determine who's first in line to take the place of a finalist if they bail. So if you rank 3rd or 4th in this round, you should have a lot of motivation to shadow the final round.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

Round 3 songs were just posted. 9 entries with 4 shadow songs. 3 people were already eliminated by the deadline, and the judges will be cutting 7 more this round. Leaving 2 for the final round.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

37 - Kevin Savino-Riker
34 - Ross Durand

Congrats Ross. 1 Song Figher & 1 contest noob are in the finals of SpinTunes #1.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

The last challenge just went up.

Musical Road Trip - Write a song using at least three different ethnic styles. The music from each of the three parts of the song should give the listeners a mental image of a place or group of people from a certain area. (at least 30 seconds each style) (3 minute minimum)

Examples: Latin - Bollywood - Cajun - Reggae - etc...etc...
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

Well the round 4 songs are up, and voting has started. In about 4 days Kevin or Ross will be announced the winner of the contest. Good luck.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

I notice that you included very detailed instructions for how to send in your vote, but not where we're supposed to send it to. Care to shed any light on that?
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

Yeah, I meant to add the image of my e-mail to the post Jon. The same one that I had you guys send your submissions to, but I forgot. Steve pointed that out last evening, and I fixed the problem. I also sent e-mail reminders with that e-mail, but here's the address again.

Spin79bIG_t@yahoo.com

Sorry,
Travis.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

And it's over.

Congrats to Ross for being the runner up, it was a good run.

Just wanna say thanks to the Song Fighters who participated or even just followed along. I consider myself lucky to have people like Ross, Steve & Jon contribute some great songs, and of course Niveous for being a judge. I hope you all come back for future competitions, along with anyone else interested. The next competition will probably start around October 1st....but that's not set in stone yet.
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

My e-mail was hacked, so if any of you got a recent e-mail from me just delete it. Sorry for the trouble, and if you get any more spam from my account let me know. It should be fixed now.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Spintown wrote:My e-mail was hacked, so if any of you got a recent e-mail from me just delete it. Sorry for the trouble, and if you get any more spam from my account let me know. It should be fixed now.
The last thing I did on my computer before leaving for work this morning was to check my e-mail and saw the spam. I was planning on telling you about it as soon as I got home. Glad to see you're on top of it.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
Spintown
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Spintown »

Thanks, and just tell me if you get anything else. It should be taken care of. Changed the password & sercurity settings, ran a virus scan, etc...etc...
signboy
Mean Street
Instruments: things that make noise
Recording Method: lots of stuff plugged into lots of other stuff

Post by signboy »

Sven? Is that you? Have you been fdrinking again? There's a separate thread for that, you know.
Irwin: I'd sell my soul to jesus to program drums like signboy.