c.layne
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Fuckin VSTs
Recording Method: Ableton Live 11
Submitting as: c.layne
Pronouns: he/him

A Brief History of Time

Post by c.layne »

by the intellectually unmatched stephen hawking. man, this book was awesome. i had to go back and reread some of it a few times because some of the topics he touches on are a little outside the realm of day to day thought (for anyone who isn't a physicist, anyhow.) if you have any interest in the workings of the universe, on a grand or minute scale, you should check this out.
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast

Post by Adam! »

I read this baby on a road trip when I was [way too] young, and it had quite an impression on me. I also saw the movie on the big screen when it came out. I don't remember too much of it now, but I leafed through the book again when I was 16-ish and I was impressed by how down-to-earth and clear it was, in direct contrast with nearly every other book I'd read on the subject[s]. Hawking personally cultivated in me a passion for theoretical physics that I dropped like a fucking stone the moment I discovered women. At the time I saw it as a one-or-the-other sort of deal. Frankly, I've never looked back.
c.layne
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Fuckin VSTs
Recording Method: Ableton Live 11
Submitting as: c.layne

Post by c.layne »

there's a movie?!
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

Errol fucking Morris yo.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
UnDesirable
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
Instruments: Guitar, Bass
Recording Method: Cakewalk Guitar Tracks Pro, Orion Basic
Submitting as: UnDesirable, Farmer Doom

Post by UnDesirable »

I did a search of my local public library's database and found out that they have this movie in VHS, so if anyone is interested in it they should check their own local library.
Freddielove
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by Freddielove »

I had a chance to attend a public lecture by the man when he was here as part of a new physiscs institute endowment at Texas A&M.

http://www.tamu.edu/univrel/aggiedaily/ ... 102-6.html

He spent a lot of the time promoting his book Universe in a Nutshell http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/055380 ... e&n=283155 and campaining for a Nobel.

But when you have a chance to hear one of the greatest minds of your time, even when you know his voice box is talking down to you, you go.
Everything But the Girl but without the scary big chinned woman

- Furrypedro