Sidefight suggestion

Discuss the many little competitions/projects that spring up amongst the Song Fight community.
marnargulus
A New Player

Sidefight suggestion

Post by marnargulus »

Perhaps a sidefight of "make an advertising jingle"? Songs would only be between 20-45 seconds long, and would need to be radio friendly? I'd love to have a collection of those to play on my radio show as fake commercials.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

That would be fun. I would add the requirement that it really HAS to be a commerical jingle, meaning you have to choose a commercially available product and sell it in the lyrics.

BTW there are no rules or protocols for sidefights. People just start them if they want to and they think there will be interest. Go for it!
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
roymond
Beat It
Instruments: Guitars, Bass, Vocals, Logic
Recording Method: Logic X, MacBookPro, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Submitting as: roymond, Dangerous Croutons, Intentionally Left Bank, Moody Vermin
Pronouns: he/him

Post by roymond »

Wouldn't fake products be fun as well? Presented as if they're real. Like the old SNL commercials for Quarry Cereal ... "and quarry has 5000% of the recommended daily allowances for all minerals. Quarry...tastes great, because it's mined".

Of course a serious jingle for those little twist-on wire terminators would go places.
roymond.com | songfights | covers
"Any more chromaticism and you'll have to change your last name to Wagner!" - Frankie Big Face
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs
Pronouns: he/him

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Fake products would be awesome.
I have an idea already!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

Jim of Seattle is The King of Songfight Jingle.
Hi!