May 1, 2007

Complain about your schedule. Apparently people like that sort of thing.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

May 1, 2007

Post by jack »

ha! first one at roll call today! :roll:

i'm on my 3rd boont amber. on a work night. living dangerously.....
Hi!
bz£
Panama

Re: May 1, 2007

Post by bz£ »

Cheater! It isn't even today yet where you are.
Tonamel
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Tonamel »

Today, I get to take a five hour car trip to Chicago for a business meeting.

...and then I get to take a five hour trip back home this evening :(
Heather. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: Vox
Submitting as: The Hell Yeahs
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Heather. Redmon. »

Aw man! I was gonna start the Roll Call today. I wanted to call it May Day mayday with links and everything... wish everyone a happy Loyalty Day, etc... Ya beat me to the punch Jack! :wink:

Anyway, it a good thing I didn't have to get that involved in a long post because I woke up late for work! Crap... yet I'm still sitting here not get ready! My alarm went off like it's supposed to at 5:30am, but I must have turned it off instead of snoozing it. Ahhh, I'm "supposed" to be leaving the house in 10 minutes, but I'm still sitting here in my jammies. Oh well, we get a casual day today anyway - but I guess not that casual!

Last night Phil got to come home early and we watched 24. That was awesome, but there were thunderstorms in the area last night, so the whole border around the screen was scrolling or blinking, etc with warnings and radar maps. It was very annoying!

Well, I gotta get the quickest ready for work ever. I guess no shower for me this morning... yuck! What a crappy way to start a Tuesday! I'll be sure to post more about my day later! Have a good one!
jack wrote:heather is the hardest working mom on songfight (in addition to being arguably the rockinist chick....).
Listen to our music!
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Today is a work day. I've been here a half-hour and things are already headed south. Good thing I came in early.

Tonight is probably another Wii session, and maybe some World of Warcraft. I have no shows this evening, and my Nur Ein submission is done already. :D
jackfrost
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by jackfrost »

Horray for everything!
Last edited by jackfrost on Fri May 04, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
starfinger
Panama
Instruments: electricity
Recording Method: traveler mk1
Submitting as: starfinger

Post by starfinger »

this is the start of my last month working from home, so i'm enjoying a very leisurely work coffee wii hybrid morning.

now i'm gonna take a shower and then play my synthesizer while porting my image processing apache module to apache 2.

eventually the kids will come home from school, at which point I will probably go crazy.

and tonight is pizza night.
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur
Pronouns: he/him

Post by king_arthur »

Dogs walked, fed and pill'd. Recycle bin put out (Tuesday is recycle day, Friday is garbage day; last Friday the hombres de basura skipped our street and all the garbage cans were still sitting out on Monday in vain hope that they would return and make things right, but they've already moved on to other things, so the garbage can will be smelling up the garage 'til Friday).

Plans for the day: take my mom to water therapy class and lunch afterwards. Another trip to the pool store. Make copies of three of my CDs for the girls in my kitchen group in cooking class (they were late to class last week and the teacher asked me where my harem was) and work on making invitations for the class final project, an Italian dinner. Whatever else I can squeeze in...

Anybody heard of / remember Open Pages? I had a daily online journal there in 96-97...
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

To celebrate May Day I will give you a classic clip of Rick Jeanneret, all-time announcer for the Sabres.

Go Sabres!
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Phil. Redmon.
Mean Street
Instruments: guitars
Recording Method: Reaper
Submitting as: Abominominous, The Hell Yeahs, Spy Vs. Pie

Post by Phil. Redmon. »

So, my leg feels like it is being torn out of my butt.
I'm gonna take some old prescrip's of Heather's.

Got a bunch of audio to work on today, prob' try to take the kids parkworthy (but: maybe not; see butt-leg), meb fly a kite.

Popcast later, 'course.
Oh and draw a comic.

Shit!

OH MAN: I remembro: I promised spencer I'd play a little Incredibles PS2 with him.

Jackfrost: YES. Waverace is still aquatically untouched.
thehipcola
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: The things what make sounds.
Recording Method: LA610mk2 into UAD Apollo 8p into Cubase/LUNA/Reaper/Ableton/Reason/Maschine
Submitting as: thehipcolaredcargertFlamingTigershotpounderOGLawnDartsFussyBritchesGapingMaw

Post by thehipcola »

This day started with little Mackenzie sleeping in...which meant a lovely, relaxed caffeine imbibement in the sun. Then a quick run over to the grandfolks to drop her off, zipped down to a client's to re-setup their email and lockdown their internet from nefarious staff useage. (I felt kind of dirty doing that, having been an employee at places where the internet has been locked out or restricted...ech.)

Now I'm enjoying another coffee in the sun, and am about to tune a little piano I hope to sell this week. And looking down the day's potentials, I think a little empty house guitar crankage is in order, and if I'm smart with my time, digging into final mixes for the first hipcola album... ETA hallowe'en 2012.

It's gorgeous outside, and my mountain bike has been really patient with me so far this spring, so it easily could become the "distraction" today.

Happy May all!
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

so uh. I got the roll call thing a bit wrong I guess. I thought it was INDVIDUAL THREADS, not a group daily thread, which makes a helluva more sense, yeah.

helluva yeah. There's yer new name.

So. For today, I'm on Tuesday. nothing's changed.

For work today, I gotta backdate an attendance incentive for our employees for the first quarter of the year and post it on the payroll by noon.

And prawn season starts today. got set up this year's prawn labour reports. Also have to get the safety committee postings finished for tomorrow.

finish labour costing for yesterday. RE-book level three first aid training for two employees.

I better get all this done in case my boss reads this thread.

Tonight, for drum lessons, I 'm teaching kids how to play two and three note groupings of 16ths on the hi hat while playing a variety of different snare drum variations underneath...kinda like ted reeed syncopation studies, or a watered down Gary Chester independence method for teens who drum recreationally but still want to improve. I started on this tact last week and it was working for the kids big time.

And I still havent' even STARTED to file my income tax. I thought about it last night, but watching heroes twice seemed... more...important.

uh. Doesn't Niv work for the g-man in the taxation world? You guys don't cross talk to other nation's on these issues do ya???

*if this is roll call, shouldn't we all end our posts with a salute or something?
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I've got to find a notary to witness me taking a driving test today cuz of some fucking bully of a pig tailgating me into a ticket. Then I get to go uptown to see my psychiatrist so I can tell him I haven't been taking my pills for like 3 months now. Today is going to rule.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

No, Leaf. I may be a fed but I'm not the tax type. That's across the street. I can go alert them if you'd like.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

Let's not.

You know. I"m an idiot. Today is a day to honour a very brief songfighter who died on this day in May, 2004, and that's far more critical than listing off my work duties.

I"m talking about my good friend and former band mate, Joe Skogan. He disappeared three years ago on this day.

I hadn't mentioned this previously here, because ...well, it was kinda tramatic... but my friend's body was discovered two weeks ago buried in a wooded area, only 20 feet from where we had searched extensively, with dogs, three years ago.

Sadly, the evidence points to Joe taking his own life. (I won't bother with details... I only know a few anyway and out of respect for the family and the sometimes annoying power of google... I will leave it at that).

It's tough when someone is so lonely and sad and most likely ill...and no one realized it until it was far too late. He had asked me to go out partying with him that night, and I turned it down. I still feel some regret over that...but the fact remains, we must look after ourselves before others or we're no use to anyone and going to a party at 2 am isn't a healthy choice for me!

Joe played, co-wrote and sang on Leaf 62's third string. He co-wrote and played on Getting all sweaty.

So... today, I will also be thinking of Joe, and hoping his favourite team wins tonight!! That's right...go Canucks. I actually am cheering for a different team, but only because Joe can't...at least not out loud.
Hoblit
Hot for Teacher
Pronouns: Dude or GURRRLLLL!
Location: Charlotte, NC ... A big city on its first day at the new job.

Post by Hoblit »

Leaf, thats just awful. I'm so sorry. Hats off, and enjoy a pint today. I was going to come in here and say something about this being my second tuesday at a decent wage after a couple of hard years in limbo... but you've humbled me. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope that you make it through this with all of your soul in tact.
Niveous
Beat It
Instruments: vocals, songwriting, guitar
Submitting as: Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
Pronouns: He/him

Post by Niveous »

I had always wondered what happened in that case. My condolences to Leaf and to Joe's family. And I hope that finding out what happened at least will give you some closure.
"I'd like to see 1984 redubbed with this in the soundtrack."- Furrypedro.
NUR EIN!
X-Tokyo
Lucky Witch and the Righteous Ghost
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

wow, sorry to hear it, leaf... thanks for letting us know, though.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
anti-m
Ice Cream Man
Submitting as: Anti-m, Jeplexe

Post by anti-m »

Aw, man, that sucks, Leaf.

Try not to hold yourself responsible. My heart goes out to you and his loved ones.

:(
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case

Post by GlennCase »

It's very sad, and I can't imagine how you, his friends and his family feel, but try not to blame yourself if you can help it.

Go Canucks!

rock.

glenn case
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

hey leaf, is he the one that you, me, and rob did that songfight tune for? for some reason, i thought his name was hedafine (or maybe i should lay off that crack....) :)

anyways, your third string is one of songfight's finest dude.
Hi!
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

Thanks all, and those who had thoughts but no posts too...ya know who ya are.

I dont' blame myself... naturally, I went through that ,but it passed. What I regret...is the loss of a friend, and the loss of someone whose writing and musical taste I will miss.

And if anyone out there is feeling low and alone, you're probably not. Wake up, do something special today!