Really funny shows Fox canned

Blab about the Boob Tube.
Tawny
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Tawny »

Wonder Falls looked great but I never got a chance to see it before it was cancelled. Tru Calling could have been a great show, too.

I definitely won't miss all the bad reality shows: Paradise Hotel, Forever Eden, etc. But I trust they will think of some new annoying ones.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Is the PJs that claymation-style cartoon voiced by Eddie Murphy? Come on guys, that sucked

Futurama = fabulous. I'm waiting patiently for F:TNG. It's bound to happen.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

j$ wrote:Is the PJs that claymation-style cartoon voiced by Eddie Murphy? Come on guys, that sucked
dude, put that crack pipe away. that show was awesome. perhaps a better understanding of ghetto american culture is in order.
Hi!
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

PJs was one of the worst shows I'd ever seen, as I recall.
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

The Tick comic is so great that I've stayed away from any TV versions, there's just no way I can see them measuring up.
Let cake eat them.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

"Damn! I knew learning to read would come back and bite me in the ass one day!"
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

The PJs better episodes were all plot-for-plot ripoffs of South Park (for example, the one where the kids are camping in the city and there's the sewer gas explosion is an exact mirror of "Volcano"). The worse episodes just plain sucked.

Greg the Bunny was awesome and is still awesome. The DVD set also has the episodes in their original production order, which is quite a bit different than the order they were broadcast in. Doesn't make much of a difference but it's interesting to look at some of the production-based in-jokes which were totally lost in the shuffling. The DVD extras are also well worth watching; lots of awesome stuff like the actual puppeteers' auditions and a little mini-feature starring Tardy the Turtle.

Family Guy is an okay show in small quantities, but not the big OMGLOL!!!!!#@!$@!$@!$!$@ that the Internet makes it out to be, IMO.

Further back, I thought Mantis had some potential. Also Space: Above and Beyond. I didn't watch them regularly enough though.

Sliders started out decent, but then started to suck. Then SciFi picked it up and then it *really* sucked, only it became self-parodying too which made it even worse (yes, we realize that you've already done this plot three times before, maybe you should just end the show instead of being all witty-clever about how this same thing has already happened to you guys).

They also had this really awesome show about a dysfunctional-but-loving animated family which kept on getting into odd but realistic situations, with a lot of deep heartfelt humor and clever social commentary, but then they replaced it with The Simpsons.

Ooh, and what about Batman: The Animated Series? When it was a Fox/WB collaboration it was totally awesome, but then WB took over complete control and it turned stupid.
Ogreasy!
A New Player

Post by Ogreasy! »

bortwein wrote:Wonder Falls I really liked this show.
Andy Partridge of XTC did the Theme Song for that show!!!!!!!!!!
It was good. You can get it off of iTunes Music Store. Just type in Andy Partridge or Wonderfalls. Its a fun song.
jimtyrrell
Mr. Beast
Instruments: Guitar/bass/keys
Recording Method: Various. Mostly Garageband these days, actually.
Submitting as: Jim Tyrrell

Post by jimtyrrell »

Yeah, I never saw the show, but I heard the Andy Partridge track and thought it was cool. Too bad the show didn't stay on. I'd like to see Andy and/or XTC stay in the business. My all-time favorites.