Song Fight Wikipedia entry

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
mikeaitch
A New Player

Song Fight Wikipedia entry

Post by mikeaitch »

I noticed an error (or maybe just outdated information) in the Song Fight article on Wikipedia. I know I could change it but I wanted to see how the Song Fight community felt about it first. This is the incorrect line:

"Nil and MC Frontalot are to this day the only participants that have submitted songs for many fights and never lost."

Two problems with this:
1. Nil lost last week, so obviously that needs to be changed.
2. It is true that MC Frontalot has never lost as a solo artist, but he also sings with Duboce Triangle, and they have lost 4 times. So it could be true that MC Frontalot has lost, depending on your definition.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

well, if he submitted as part of Duboce Triangle, then one could argue that it's not MC Frontalot. i mean, it's not like his real name is MC Frontalot.

duboce triangle has done some of the best stuff on songfight for the unenlightened few. i'd hardly call them losers.
Hi!
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Madi Singer/Songwriter Age 7 & 8 has also never lost
Last edited by Jim of Seattle on Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

I don't think you need to change any of it. Nil won for ABCD Puppies, but so did JoS. And Frontalot /= DT.
Let cake eat them.
mikeaitch
A New Player

Post by mikeaitch »

Nil does need to be changed. The song title may be the same but it was a different fight.
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

But they didn't submit to it.
joshw
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Instruments: Egg Shaker
Recording Method: Focusrite > Reaper
Submitting as: Josh Woodward
Pronouns: he/him

Post by joshw »

jack shite wrote:duboce triangle has done some of the best stuff on songfight for the unenlightened few. i'd hardly call them losers.
Apparently they were losers, at least 4 times. :)

And Nil hasn't lost a fight. He already won ABCD Puppies - he doesn't need to win it again to have won it. If he'd chosen to re-enter it in the new fight, maybe there'd be a case, but he just found out. He's still loss-less in my book.
the Jazz
Push Comes to Shove

Post by the Jazz »

joshw wrote:Nil hasn't lost a fight. He already won ABCD Puppies - he doesn't need to win it again to have won it.
What he said. You could take any winner of an old fight and put their same song in another fight with the same name, if you keep doing it they will lose sooner or later.
Let cake eat them.
mikeaitch
A New Player

Post by mikeaitch »

So the general conconsus is: leave it alone.

Thanks for the input, guys. I just wanted to make sure I didn't change anything without the community's approval, especialy since I'm new here.
john m
Panama
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, keyboard
Recording Method: tin cans, string
Submitting as: Doctor Worm

Post by john m »

Jim of Seattle wrote:Madi Singer/Songwriter Age 7 & 8 has also never lost
Neither has Cap'n Swank and the Jesus Monkey. We're talking entrants in at least five fights, I think.

And it'd be stupid to take away Nil's undefeated status, because (as far as I know) they didn't voluntarily resubmit their song to this fight. Hell, even if they had, it was a special fight; as it's been stated before, it's a fight they already won.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

Post by jack »

joshw wrote:
jack shite wrote:duboce triangle has done some of the best stuff on songfight for the unenlightened few. i'd hardly call them losers.
Apparently they were losers, at least 4 times. :)
hey didn't you lose last week? loser...... :wink:
don't make me bust out that signature again....
Hi!
Mogosagatai
Mean Street

Post by Mogosagatai »

Not to beat this into the ground, but I actually would have voted for Nil IF it had been a new song, cuz it was still my favorite. I deliberately ignored the old songs, because I disagreed with the decision to put them back in the running with the new ones.

I suspect there were others who felt the same way I did, so Nil may have lost quite a few votes to that mindset.
Jim of Seattle
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Keyboards
Recording Method: Cakewalk, EastWest Play, Adobe Audition, Windows
Submitting as: Jim of Seattle, Ants (Invisible), Madi Singer/Songwriter, Restless Events

Post by Jim of Seattle »

Don't make me start to question my sole victory...
Here's my record label page thingie with stuff about me if you are so interested: https://greenmonkeyrecords.com/jim-of-seattle/
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

if it makes you feel any better, jim, nil's was my favourite of the old songs, and i intentionally didn't take the old songs into consideration when voting, but i think i probably would have voted for your song anyway, even if i WAS considering new AND old songs.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Jim of Seattle wrote:Don't make me start to question my sole victory...
First victory ....
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Hey, J$ was wry without being mean. Nice. It'd be a crime against humanity if you're not right, too, Johnny.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages