Game Boy Advance
DS
Game Gear
PS1
Dreamcast
N64
Gamecube
Wii

I think that's it. We used to have an NES, but it's gone now.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: What systems do you have?

Post by JonPorobil »

Used to have an NES, but it stopped working.

Still have the SNES, though a while back when I was broke, I sold all but my absolute favorite games. Currently I have 11 games plus Game Genie, and I think there might be more in the cold storage unit that we haven't checked since Hurricane Katrina. I can't imagine ever wanting to sell Contra III or the original Street Fighter II, and yet I can't find them.

Still have the N64, though currently the only three games I can put my hands on are Tetrisphere, Hybrid Heaven, and Mega Man 64, the latter of which, oddly, I have no recollection of ever buying.

Used to have a Gamecube, but when I moved out of my parents' house, it was decided that my brother would get to keep it.

There's a Wii on my wedding registry, but I'd be surprised if anyone actually bought it for us.

I used to have not one, not two, but three original Gameboys - you know, the big gray bricks? Yeah. Never got the Gameboy Pocket, but I did get the Gameboy Color. And then my GBC got stolen, so I replaced it with an identical one... right before the Gameboy Advance came out. So I got the GBA, and then it broke (after all the stories about how hardy Nintendo products are, my GBA's screen broke down into an ink splatter one day for no apparent reason), so I replaced it with an identical one, which was fairly easy because by then the Gameboy Advance SP was out, and I never wanted an SP. My fianceé has a DS, which basically means I have access to one if I want it, but I don't have my own.

My brother owns a PS2, and my stepdad owns an XBox 360. I get to play those sometimes when I visit New Orleans, but Sony and Microsoft stuff never really sparked my interest the way Nintendo did.

I also (obviously) have a PC, which I use for almost all of my gaming these days.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

Wow, I never knew there even was a Mega Man 64. It looks about as terrible as I'd expect.
JonPorobil
Beat It
Instruments: Piano, Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Accordion, Bass, lots of VSTs
Recording Method: Cubase 10.5
Submitting as: Jon Eric, Jon Porobil, others
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by JonPorobil »

Yeah. The really weird thing is, not only do I have no memory of ever buying it, I have no memory of ever playing it (until like a week ago). And it sucks. Instead of just killing enemies and absorbing their powers, they made it a frigging JRPG. Seriously, what the hell.
"Warren Zevon would be proud." -Reve Mosquito

Stages, an album of about dealing with loss, anxiety, and grieving a difficult year, now available on Bandcamp and all streaming platforms! https://jonporobil.bandcamp.com/album/stages