We will see you again

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
Leaf
Jump
Instruments: Drums, guitar, bass, vocals.
Recording Method: Cubase
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

We will see you again

Post by Leaf »

A friend of mine died today of Cancer. He was 40 years old. He originally had throat cancer when he was a child, but he miraculously beat it. Unfortunately, he developed a tumour that bloked his esphogaus, and another on his liver. He was a genuine music lover, an avid Toronto Maple Leafs fan. His nephew is the drummer in my band. He was diagnosed only 1 month ago, and was expected to make in until June. He had no children.

Here's a shout out for James Hedefine. Rest in Peace dude. I'll be playing for you tonight.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Post by GlennCase »

I hate when subjects come up and I can't think of what to say. I want to be compassionate, but it's difficult to know what is appropriate. These are probably not the right words, but I'm not sure if any are.

I have been lucky to not lose anyone that I have been really close to, outside of maybe a grandparent or two, but that is expected. I know the day will come when the friends I have had for years will begin to pass away, or I will just die first. I do not look forward to this, even though it is inevitable.

At any rate, I think what happened is sad, and very unfortunate. I am sorry for your loss, and I think it is kick-ass that you are going to play on in your friend's honor tonight.

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
Leaf
Jump
Submitting as: Leaf 62, Gert, Boon Liver, Leaf and Twig, Tom Skillman, A bunch of other stuff.

Post by Leaf »

well Glenn, that's much appreciated. James and I were not close, but I am very close to his nephew. It was very amazing to see how the Quadra community rallyed behind James though... cheesy, but it was a triumph of human spirit. I feel for James, his family, and Shane, my friend his nephew. So, what you said is totally cool and appropriate! I just felt that I should honour him here, out of respect for his life, and love of music, and because SF is a huge part of my life,as it is for many who frequent these boards and the fights. I just wanted people to know he existed, and was a dude. And now you do!

I think the best part, if you could call it that, was getting the opportunity to tell James' brother how much James looked up to him and admired him. Bill, (the brother) is a professional drummer from Toronto, and James would often tell me about him, always with this great admiration. It really felt good to share that with Bill. We ended up jamming at a jam night last night til 2:30 am... The thing that sticks out to me is that Bill said " I really hope he passes tomorrow, with me holding his hand. " I think he got his wish. He didn't want him to suffer anymore.

The moral in these situations is always the same for me... don't waste time telling people those postive things you think about them... you may regret missing the opportunity.

So, hey Songfighters, yer all a great bunch of people, with a great love of music, and the integrity to offer your ideas to people for nothing more than the possiblility of some awknowledgement. Cheers.
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

Leaf, you're a good friend.
I'm going to, just now, drink a beer in your friend's honor.
Hope you can spend some time being with the nephew... I think he needs friends right now.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas
Poor June
Panama

Post by Poor June »

sorry bout the loss... :-\... pretty awesome that y'all are goin' do a show as a tribute... really thoughtful

i shall take a shot of jager in your friends honor...
"You haven't been really bad in a long time." - jim of seattle

<a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/poorj ... htm">music page</a>
Me$$iah
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: I just bought a 12 string and a stratocaster with a whammy bar
Recording Method: Sonic-Core
Submitting as: infrequently as ever

Post by Me$$iah »

Dude

We buried a good friend of mine on Tuesday
he died in an accident just before christmas
He was run over after coming out of a nightclub He was 32

its a terrible sad thing but y'know wat Ive been thinking about it
and tho I feel bad, it made me think of him and reflect on our friendship
and in 30 years whenever i think of him im gonna remember him as a young man always partying whoose last act was to go to a club and get drunk and have a good time

I think he'd like that Forever young and all that

Anyway a shout for youre friend and a shout for my friend Marcus

Dudes Well see ya all soon
Leaf
Jump

Post by Leaf »

I'm sorry to hear that man. A shout out to your friend!
king_arthur
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar, vocals, bass, BIAB, keyboards (synth anything)
Recording Method: Tascam DP-24SD
Submitting as: King Arthur

Post by king_arthur »

http://www.charleswolff.com/GOM/forarocker.mp3

Jackson Browne's "For a Rocker," which was one of my Gift of Music choices and seems appropriate to mention here...

Charles
"...one does not write in dactylic hexameter purely by accident..." - poetic designs
Me$$iah
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: I just bought a 12 string and a stratocaster with a whammy bar
Recording Method: Sonic-Core
Submitting as: infrequently as ever

Post by Me$$iah »

Thanks guys
HeuristicsInc
Beat It
Instruments: Synths
Recording Method: Windows computer, Acid, Synths etc.
Submitting as: Heuristics Inc. (duh) + collabs

Post by HeuristicsInc »

sorry to hear that, dude...
man, bad week.
-bill
152612141617123326211316121416172329292119162316331829382412351416132117152332252921
http://heuristicsinc.com
Liner Notes
SF Lyric Ideas