Hitchhiker's NEW radio series

Links and other hanky panky that doesn't have to do with anything in particular.
GlennCase
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Yes
Recording Method: Incorrect methods
Submitting as: Glenn Case
Pronouns: he/him

Hitchhiker's NEW radio series

Post by GlennCase »

I honestly cannot believe I have not mentioned this earlier, being that I am a big fan of the series, and meeting Douglas Adams in person was a great moment in my lifetime thus far:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/newseries.shtml

The original voices from the original radio series have been used wherever those people are still alive. Amazingly, Arthur, Ford, Trillian, Zaphod, and Marvin are ALL voiced from the original cast!

ROCK!

Glenn (DR FUNK)
fluffy
Eruption
Instruments: sometimes
Recording Method: Logic Pro X
Submitting as: Sockpuppet
Pronouns: she/they

Post by fluffy »

I've been looking forward to this for a long time, but I'm disappointed.

I can't stand the new voice of the Guide, who doesn't seem to enunciate very well and doesn't sound very, well, Guide-like.

Also, judging by the episode guide they haven't tried to maintain continuity with the original show and have instead just basically made a book-on-tape version of books 3-5 with slightly higher production values... but not much, since they don't seem to have learned the wonders of an equalizer.

It just sounds like a big clusterfuck of bad voice-acting, aside from Ford and Arthur anyway. Though they also sound pretty tired and jaded and, well, 25 years older.

Meh. :/

I think I'll just go read the books again.