Universal Audio UAD-1

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
stueym
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Guitar
Recording Method: Cubase/Stenberg CI2+/Roland VG-99/RolandGR-55
Submitting as: stueym

Universal Audio UAD-1

Post by stueym »

Anyone got this DSP card and plug-ins? I have heard terrific things about the quality of the condenser/limiters that come with it and the EQ's and reverbs are supposed to be pretty good too.

Comments?
"You know, I rather like this God fellow. Very theatrical, you know. Pestilence here, a plague there. Omnipotence ... gotta get me some of that."
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

I've had this for a while, and love it. LA2A on vocals is instant goodness. EX1 is a fine EQ. Unless you have the big money to spend on the Studio Pak, I suggest you find a used version of the orignal card as it has more plugins than the Project Pak.

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Me$$iah
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: I just bought a 12 string and a stratocaster with a whammy bar
Recording Method: Sonic-Core
Submitting as: infrequently as ever

Post by Me$$iah »

stueym

Before ya get a UAD take a look at the Pulsar2 from creamware...its now out of production, so can be picked up reasonably cheap from E-Bay or watever.
The new versions are called Scope and come in home, project and pro(3,6,14DSPs respectivly)

I know Ive bigged up these cards before, but seriously, man they rock to the Max, and are so much more versatile than anything else on the market...Creamware are such good quality, look out for the reviews of the just released ASB device...the new Moog I tells ye

clicky clicky for the company site
or
clicky clicky for the user forums

Me$$iah

serious creamware fanboy here