Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

Blab about the Boob Tube.
Lyricburglar
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Garth Marenghi's Dark Place

Post by Lyricburglar »

DR. RICK DAGLESS M.D.
[PLAYED BY GARTH MARENGHI]
A maverick doctor haunted by the demons of his past, who must now fight an everlasting battle with the forces of darkness whilst dealing with the burden of day to day admin. Dagless is an ex-warlock, having renounced the occult in favour of the stability of the medical profession.

http://www.garthmarenghi.com/darkplace/ ... _biogs.htm

I've just recently started watching this - totally awesome. Very, very funny

Though for anyone familiar with the work of the wonderful Shaun Micallef - it is very reminiscent of his "Roger Explosion' character

nevertheless - great show.
sausage boy
bono
bono
Instruments: Bass, Vocals, Terrible drum machine, even worse harmonica
Recording Method: Creative Recorder, ModPlug Tracker and Audacity

Post by sausage boy »

I saw a bit of this show the other night. I will have to sit down and actually watch it next time.

Comparing something to Shaun Micallef's work, especially Roger Explosion, is always a good way to suck me in.
furrypedro
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, programming
Recording Method: Cubase, Reason
Submitting as: Balance Lost

Post by furrypedro »

What the hell happened to this show? they did about 8 episodes then it just stopped!
I remember one of them had a high-speed chase in it where they were on pushbikes and they'd dubbed motorcycle noises over it, fucking hilarious.

Also, I saw one of the actors who played the other Dr. in a sketch show called Snuffbox on BBC3 or something (I can never remember what channel stuff is on). That was pretty good too, but it was totally random so you had to be ready for some weird shit.