The Simpsons

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

The Simpsons

Post by ken »

I saw it at midnight last night: HA HA!
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Tonamel
Push Comes to Shove

Post by Tonamel »

Saw it this afternoon. I was wondering why it was PG-13, but I wasn't expecting that. There was obviously some kind of deal struck with the ratings board, since there's no blood anywhere in the movie, not even the Itchy and Scratchy section.

I think it's safe to say that I've never heard an audience laugh that much. Hilariously awesome. A
Adam!
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Drum 'n' Bass (but not THAT Drum 'n' Bass)
Recording Method: Reaper + Stock Plugins
Submitting as: Max Bombast
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Adam! »

Tonamel wrote:Saw it this afternoon. I was wondering why it was PG-13, but I wasn't expecting that.
Heh: it's rated PG here, so the theater was full of kids.

It was surprisingly great. My only problem was that people were laughing so loud that they tended to drown out whatever dialogue followed the joke.

I second that A.
Bjam
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Singin', Guitarin', Mandolinin'

Post by Bjam »

In my showing there was a guy in front of me who laughed "HA. HA. HA. HA." literally laughing, pausing for a moment, laughing again, pausing, laughing, pausing, laughing. It was utterly bizarre. At one point he was crying with laughter. I'm pretty sure he smoked something before the show, because while it was funny it wasn't that funny. :? I really enjoyed it though. It was like a good Simpsons episode, but longer (although they really needed more of Maggie kicking butt). The one thing I didn't like is that they made it almost too adult... Otto smoking a bong? Okay, fine, it's obviously implied in the show that he's a rocker/stoner, but do they really need to show it? Homer flipping the middle finger... Just a little too much.

Definitely an A though.

(Fun side note! We had some 20th Century Fox PR people giving out surveys before the show. Got a free pencil sharpener, woo woo!)

(Whiiiiiiiiiiiiile we're on the topic of cartoon movies... How awful does that Alvin and the Chipmunks movie look? Super awful. They made the chipmunks into weirdo CG characters. The audience I was with murmured disapprovingly when it finished.)
Songfighter since back in the day.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

pretty funny. I don't feel like it used the most of the format. And also why bother having Green Day do a version of the theme song when Sonic Youth, for God's sake, did a better, rockin'-er version twelve years ago? Oh, well. They could've got Slayer or someone. Oh, well.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
Justincombustion
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Drums. Drums. Drums.
Recording Method: Whatever that stuff in Glenn's basement is.
Submitting as: HalfRacks, Drink/Drank/Drunk, Baby In the Corner, Chuck the Bear

Post by Justincombustion »

mkilly wrote:pretty funny. I don't feel like it used the most of the format. And also why bother having Green Day do a version of the theme song when Sonic Youth, for God's sake, did a better, rockin'-er version twelve years ago? Oh, well. They could've got Slayer or someone. Oh, well.
Because, our research department has indicated that the teen to early twentie set of Americans prefer their music with high levels of douchebaggery.

The other executives in the room said "Sonic...who?"

Same mother scratchers kept the Ramones clearly superior version of the Spider Man theme out of Spiderman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvzL4gF2Lyk
"When you can balance a tack-hammer on your head; you can then head off you opponent with a balanced attack!"
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Yeah, I'm with Bjam, this was not the funniest movie of all time, and yet there were like 15 loudtards in the theater who were laughing at everything. Even things that weren't particularly funny, or unexpected. HAHAHAHAHHH OMG HOMER DOESN'T LIKE GOING TO CHURCH OMGWHEREDOTHEYGETTHISSTUFFFROM
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Ramones doing Spiderman < Homer singing Spiderpig