acid keeps crashing

Ask questions and get answers about how to make music in any particular way. Hardware or songwriting or whatever.
Koushirou
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

acid keeps crashing

Post by Koushirou »

i'm using acid pro 5.0 and an m-audio ozone to record. the audio records fine. the problem is with midi. i was able to record a drum track with no problem, but when i tried to record a vsti polysynth, it crashed. i actually got my first ever bluescreen on windows xp, which isn't a pleasant experience. i'm using a pentium M (1.6 ghz) with 1 gig of ram. is my system just too slow, or are there settings i can change to get it to stop crashing? thanks
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

there are a bunch of google hits about that problem.
Koushirou
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Koushirou »

now i'm running into more difficulties. i was able to record a guitar track with no problem, played it back with no problems. then i recorded a midi drum track for part of the song, played it back with no problems. then i tried to add a vocal track, and the playback of the guitar track keeps skipping and crackling. I'm using SpeedSwitch XP at max performance and I set the latency on my ozone to Medium (high is just too much), but the problem persists. i must be really bad at googling because i haven't found anything, so if you could link me to the sites you find, that would be helpful. :) thanks.