Andy Milonakis

Blab about the Boob Tube.
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Andy Milonakis

Post by raisedbywolves »

So, I've more or less been dismissing Andy's show without having seen it, the way I do with 98% of that Adult Swim crap and most Dickens novels. And, while I'm not too worried that my opinion of 12oz Mouse or Bleak House is going to change, I was wrong about Mr. Milonakis. He's kind of brilliant, and I will pay him the ultimate compliment by saying he's sort of a nouveau Pee Wee. He's a happy man-child who lives in a strange world that he has constructed. His family and neighbors buy into the madness of his life as if it were normal. Even his opening theme is random in a Pee Wee kind of way. The jokes don't all work, but the ratio is pretty high, at least for me.
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
fodroy
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: none
Recording Method: ears
Submitting as: praise muzak

Post by fodroy »

i love this show so much. i think he is pretty brilliant. his mind is so far out there. andy's probably an acquired taste, but once you get it, you love it.

his regular cast of characters/actors is perfect.
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but you guys are mistaken, it's a terrible show that sucks a lot. It is meritless.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by raisedbywolves »

Eh, I won't get into an argument here - it's just a matter of what type of humor appeals to you. I think this is funny:

Andy's friend crawls along a hallway as if it's the desert and he's been there for weeks. He finds a potted cactus in the middle of the floor, pulls the top off and drinks the water inside. Andy does the same, but his potted cactus has chocolate milk inside. The other guy's like "Hey! I want the chocolate milk cactus!" And then the sketch is over. It's like Wario Ware - The Series. This either appeals to you or it doesn't.
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
Verbatim
Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Post by Verbatim »

mkilly wrote:I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this, but you guys are mistaken, it's a terrible show that sucks a lot. It is meritless.
Total agreement there! This show isn't even worth the 5 seconds I paused on it while flipping channels looking for something else. I don't get it... how did he get a second season. And as far as 98% of adult swim being crap yes if you mean the anime stuff but there are some really great shows there. They took my favorite off (brak) but I still love Boondocks and Family Guy, and it beats Andy's show any day of the week. I mean who writes for him Jimmy Kimble??
Erwin Cloibhofer
Somebody Get Me A Doctor
Pronouns: _

Post by Erwin Cloibhofer »

----------