thursday night at the boardwalk

All about the next annual live event. Are you coming?. Discuss travel & lodging. Recruit band members, discuss equipment, setlists, etc.
jack
Hot for Teacher
Recording Method: ProTools, Logic, Garageband
Submitting as: brody, Jack Shite, Johnny in the Corner, Bloody Hams, lots more

thursday night at the boardwalk

Post by jack »

so thursday nights at the boardwalk.....you can get an all ride pass for eight bucks from 5-11. if anyone is in or near santa cruz that night and want to get together and go ride amusement park rides, we can set up a meeting spot.

also if anyone is planning on rehearsing at mi casa, it's about a 5-10 minute walk to the boardwalk, so you can rehearse and then head over if you wanted to.
Hi!
prayformojo
Push Comes to Shove
Instruments: Vocals, Melodica, Misc. Noisemakers, Etc.
Recording Method: 2 old bean cans and a piece of string
Submitting as: prayformojo, prayformojo and his Good Times Fun Band, The Mojos, etc...

Post by prayformojo »

We're driving up on Thursday, so dependin on when we arrive that could be fun.
White people, is you funky?
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

I'll probably be catching up on some sleep on Thursday afternoon/night so I might give the rides a miss.

However - on the off chance that I do wake up later in the evening feeling thirsty, have you designated any of the local Santa Cruz public houses as being the Official Songfight Watering Hole?
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

Caravan Ray wrote:I'll probably be catching up on some sleep on Thursday afternoon/night so I might give the rides a miss.

However - on the off chance that I do wake up later in the evening feeling thirsty, have you designated any of the local Santa Cruz public houses as being the Official Songfight Watering Hole?
there's a place a couple blocks from your hotel (travelodge on ocean right?) called the jury room.

if people want to go to the boardwalk thursday night, the ideal cafe is a good place (and they have karaoke even), or any of the bars/restaurants on the wharf could work. i think the boardwalk would be a good meeting place on thursday. the amusement park is open until 11 and the wharf bars and restaurants are open until 2am. and it's not far at all from where you're staying.

i think the "official" watering hole title can only belong to 1007, the sports bar dive across from cayuga vault. :) and yes they have pool tables.
Hi!
bz£
Panama

Post by bz£ »

1007 is 1337
jack
Hot for Teacher

Post by jack »

One Double Oh Seven Club
Sports bar. Several pool tables, dart boards, foosball machines, video games, pinball, shuffleboard and Hot Spot on the TV, plus online trivia game, QB1 Football every night. Weekday happy hour 4–6pm. Open until 2am. Full humidor. 1007 Soquel Ave. (831.425.9589)
Hi!
Rabid Garfunkel
Jump
Instruments: Absurdity
Recording Method: iPhone, GarageBand & rando apps/toys
Submitting as: OZYMANDIPUS, Rabid Garfunkel, Primitive Screwheads
Pronouns: that guy

Post by Rabid Garfunkel »

I am not a pool hustler. I only play one on tv. :wink:
"Urban cartoon music." -- Paco Del Stinko
Be my friend? --- Song of the Day
Caravan Ray
bono
bono
Instruments: Penis
Recording Method: Garageband
Submitting as: Caravan Ray,G.O.R.T.E.C,Lyricburglar,The Thugs from the Scallop Industry

Post by Caravan Ray »

OK - Boardwalk on Thursday night it is (if anyone wants me, I'll be at the karaoke)