Songfight.org Presents... Live at the Accordion, 12/18/04

Set up live gigs with each other, announce gigs you're playing around the country or whatever, talk about how the show went, post links to recordings, etc.
Eric Y.
Ice Cream Man

Post by Eric Y. »

abecedarian wrote:KNI: It is a humble dream of mine to sing Shreds with you and Erin someday.
i'd totally love to hear a collab between y'all... if ken's impromptu backing vox on your "a promise is a promise" in austin is any indication how it'd turn out :>
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff
Pronouns: he/him

Post by ken »

I would just like to echo how amazing Sam/Lunkhead is as a guitarist. Of course that is nothing compared to how great he is as a person. It was literally a year ago that he came to a Songfight Live show at the Accordion to meet everyone andthis year he is in half the bands performing. That is quite an accomplishment, and I for one, am grateful for having the opportunity to create music with him.

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Lunkhead »

Wow, thanks so much. I feel really lucky to have found such a welcoming community where everybody is so into making the best music they can make and where people actually gett together in person to play. The show was great, everybody did an awesome job in their sets. I think you do an amazing job putting these events together, Ken, and I think everybody else feels the same way. Yay, SongHugs! ;) Seriously, though, this community is an incredible thing, and I'm glad to have gotten involved.
blue
Ice Cream Man

Post by blue »

so first, sorry about that whole "louder than fucking god" thing. i blame stephen.

that was the best KNI show EVAR, even after ken broke up with me. i think that might have been a new record for "songs we'd never practiced, played live." the explino tune was A++, and a fun-as-hell song to boot. I HOPE YOUR NEW DRUMMER MAKES YOU HAPPY KEN.

Evan always amazes me, and everyone else,with his performance acumen. More importantly, he hauls gear up and down stairs like nobody's bidness. LAPTOPCORE 4 TEH WIN.

Gus were great fun, altho.. you know.. LA band.. covering my favorite band ever, The White Stripes.. I dunno, guys. :P Your guitar dude is frickin' superb. It was good to hear Sam's SOG live, too. Helloooooo blah blah blah blah blah space.. blah blah soft orange glow.. I was drunk. It was good. Oh, your "promise is a promise" is a great song too. I mean, you're a giant nerd for writing a song about biowarefare that doesn't involve Marshall stacks and some dude named "Lemmy" or "Lars" or something, but it's still good.

The Befores set felt like it had some really great moments and some really i-wonder-what-part-of-the-song-we're-on-now moments. It's always a pleasant surprise when someone with Zareen's talent, chops, and experience shows up and just rocks ass. Good stuff.

aaaaaand yes, it was the best LD set I've seen. things are getting tight and crunchy. i definately like the live feel of the band.

the sos set felt like we did 10 songs in about 15 minutes. we played a bunch of weird crap that we never play, like I Just Want To Get Better and WAYMMKYO. i'm uh, sorry it was so loud. we're very bad.