Coming up to San Fran; anything going on?

Organize yourselfs.
MintyHandy
Mean Street
Instruments: None
Recording Method: None

Coming up to San Fran; anything going on?

Post by MintyHandy »

I'll be up in San Fran from the 26th to the 2nd, and wanted to reach out and see if anyone's in the mood for a random collaboration while I'm up there. If so, holler back before I hit the road on the morning of the 26th.
Lunkhead
You're No Good
Instruments: many
Recording Method: cubase/mac/tascam4x4
Submitting as: Berkeley Social Scene, Merisan, Tiny Robots
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Coming up to San Fran; anything going on?

Post by Lunkhead »

Erin and I should be around. Maybe we can have a big uke jam? Erin has a uke now, as does another friend of ours.
Spud
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Bass, Keyboards, eHorn
Submitting as: Octothorpe

Post by Spud »

February?
"I only listen to good music. And Octothorpe." - Marcus Kellis
Song Fight! The Rockening
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

I hope you are coming up here to finally record that album. You are certainly welcome at the Tuesday night Berkeley Social Scene jam. Does Glen have your number?

Ken
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang
MintyHandy
Mean Street
Instruments: None
Recording Method: None

Post by MintyHandy »

Right now, the tentative plan is to hook up with Glen when I hit town (was going to be Thursday, will now be Friday) and figure out what/where to do something on Sunday -- might be arrangements on the children's album (hell, if we manage to record a few, all the better!) but might also be a collab for SF, or playing around with other music, or whatever -- I'm open, we can figure it out.

As for other efforts, my Saturday is still free. I'll still be in town Monday, but working, and going back that night -- which is a shame, as I'd love to sit in on the Tuesday night fun.

Thanks for the responses, by the way, it'll be nice to see you folks and have some fun. :)

EDIT: oh, and if we do work on the arrangements, it's definitely to record the album. I was actually about to book the studio time down here for this four-day break, but decided (1) it would do me some good to work through the songs with other folks I trust and respect first, aka you guys, and (2) if it goes well, I'll just come back up a few weeks later and record the thing with you all.
ken
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, bass, drums, keys
Recording Method: MOTU 828x, Cubase 10
Submitting as: Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff

Post by ken »

Awesome. I've got a couple of FAWM/RPMs to finish up this weekend, and then to catch up on the sleep I skipped working on them this week. I'll see what i can do to play though.
Ken's Super Duper Band 'n Stuff - Berkeley Social Scene - Tiny Robots - Seamus Collective - Semolina Pilchards - Cutie Pies - Explino! - Bravo Bros. - 2 from 14 - and more!

i would just like to remind everyone that Ken eats kittens - blue lang