Amityville Horror remake

Because everybody thinks they have an opinion.
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Amityville Horror remake

Post by raisedbywolves »

Place your bets now. SuperCheeZ or rockin' the haunted house genre hardcore? Aside from wishing that they would stop referring to it as "based on a true story," I think the trailers are pretty decent, and it gets points for bucking the recent PG-13 horror trend. It looks a little J-Horror-y, though, which I'm already getting tired of.
Aren't you the guy that hit me in the eye?
WeaselSlayer
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Guitar, keyboard
Recording Method: Garageband, laptop mic
Submitting as: Luke Henley

Post by WeaselSlayer »

I just don't get why people need to remake these fucking things.
j$
Beat It
Instruments: Bass, keyboards, singin', guitar
Submitting as: Johnny Cashpoint

Post by j$ »

Don't forget that the original and its myriad sequels were to a film shite ....
jb
Hot for Teacher
Instruments: Guitar, Cello, Keys, Uke, Vox, Perc
Recording Method: Logic X
Submitting as: The John Benjamin Band
Pronouns: he/him

Post by jb »

yeah but when we were like, 12, or something, they were the ultimate in scary. The flies, man, the flies. Of course now they'll be CG flies and not nearly so creepy.
blippity blop ya don’t stop heyyyyyyyyy
jute gyte
Mean Street

Post by jute gyte »

michael bay did the texas chainsaw massacre remake, then this one, and next he's going to do the hitcher. apparently he's on a bad remakes of horror movies binge.
"I believe the common character of the universe is not harmony, but hostility, chaos and murder." - Werner Herzog
jute gyte
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

jb wrote:yeah but when we were like, 12, or something, they were the ultimate in scary. The flies, man, the flies. Of course now they'll be CG flies and not nearly so creepy.
They are playing this at the hip theater in town and piping in 25,000 flies for the screening.

1) Ick.
2) I kinda wanna go.
3) Ick.
jb
Hot for Teacher

Post by jb »

erikb wrote:
jb wrote:yeah but when we were like, 12, or something, they were the ultimate in scary. The flies, man, the flies. Of course now they'll be CG flies and not nearly so creepy.
They are playing this at the hip theater in town and piping in 25,000 flies for the screening.

1) Ick.
2) I kinda wanna go.
3) Ick.
Don't they serve FOOD at that theater???

...maybe they don't have far to go for the flies...
erik
Jump
Submitting as: 15-16 puzzle

Post by erik »

Okay, here is a totally gross and sorta related story:

This one time, back in high school, I think it was my senior year, my mom and stepdad were out of town, and my sister and me were fending for ourselves for like a week. I found some chicken in the freezer, and I was like a 17 year old retard, so I put it in a pan to cook, but I didn't make sure to cook it all the way through. Like I made sure the outside was cooked, and then cooked it alittle more, but there was no "checking for pink" or anything like that. So I pull it off the heat, and start eating it, and maybe 1/2 way through one of the pieces, I realize that I'm kinda eating rawish chicken, and this makes me ill, so I dump all the chicken in the garbage under the sink.

Several days pass.

I go to throw away something else in the garbage under the sink. I open the little door, and like immediately about 50 flies pour out before I can slam the thing shut. The are big and loud, and once I listen intently, I can hear that there are a fuckload more flies buzzing around underneath the sink. I walk to the store and buy some sort of fogging bug spray, not exactly a bugbomb, but something that makes a serious fog of death. Most of the flies that had gotten out had congregated by a window, as is their custom, so I go get them first. Then I went to the kitchen, I started fogging, and then opened the little door, and shoved the deathcloud of fog in there, closed it as much as I could once my hand was inside, and sprayed until there was nothing left to spray. Closed the door without looking, and went around with a magazine to kill the last of the survivors. I went and got the vacuum cleaner and put on one of the attachments. The entire space under the sink was coated with a layer of dead flies. There must have been over 500.

Dude.

25,000 FLIES.

[/ick]
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Re: Amityville Horror remake

Post by raisedbywolves »

raisedbywolves wrote:Place your bets now. SuperCheeZ or rockin' the haunted house genre hardcore?
Neither, as it turns out. Just kind of dull and uninspired. C-
jb
Hot for Teacher

Post by jb »

Dull, uninspired, and kind of phoned in from the script department.

<b>C-</b>
mkilly
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: guitar

Post by mkilly »

erikb wrote:gross fly story
OMG gross.
"It is really true what philosophy tells us, that life must be understood backwards. But with this, one forgets the second proposition, that it must be lived forwards." Søren Kierkegaard
jb
Hot for Teacher

Post by jb »

But if Ryan Reynolds ever finds himself the right vehicle, dude's gonna f-in' take OFF. Like, maybe some spy movie or something would be good for him. I can see him doing that. He's like a less-creepy Sean William Scott, and a less-goofy-more-hunky Steve Zahn. Like if you added those dudes up into somebody with the looks of a leading man.

Or some kind of cop action movie. I'm not seeing a whole lot of dramas in his future, although his chops in Amityville were pretty solid, drama-wise.
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by raisedbywolves »

The chick from Flick Filosopher, who I usually agree with, <a href=http://www.flickfilosopher.com/flickfil ... html>hates Reynolds</a> something fierce. I mean, I didn't see Van Wilder, so I can only imagine the breadth and depth of bad movie karma he must carry with him, but he's been the only redeeming thing about two movies in a row now.
sparks
Push Comes to Shove

Post by sparks »

jute gyte wrote:michael bay did the texas chainsaw massacre remake, then this one, and next he's going to do the hitcher. apparently he's on a bad remakes of horror movies binge.
Maybe he'll change the script around and re-write history, and throw a paper-thin romance into the mix.

I observe at a Baltimore City school as part of my education certificate training, right? Anyway, I'm sitting in on a US History class, and he's trying to teach the kids the difference between a primary source and a secondary source. So after he explains what a primary source is and asks for examples, perhaps the second brightest student in the class raises his hand: "Pearl Harbor!" "Well, no, that would be a secondary so... hell, did I just say that?"
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

My lady wants to see this, so I'm going, of course. I think horror movies in general are tuh lame-zores.
🤠
raisedbywolves
Somebody Get Me A Doctor

Post by raisedbywolves »

The Sober Irishman wrote:My lady wants to see this, so I'm going, of course. I think horror movies in general are tuh lame-zores.
After the movie, you should complain that she was staring at Ryan Reynolds' oft-bared, anachronistically buff chest a little too intently, and then be all sulky for awhile.
Sober
Ice Cream Man
Instruments: Mandolin, hammond, dobro, banjo
Recording Method: Pro Tools

Post by Sober »

Amityville Horror: Big ol' bucket o' suck.

The lady liked it though, so whatever.
🤠
jezebelus
A New Player

Post by jezebelus »

Movie is great. I didn't watch the original but now I don't have desire at all. Very good story, great acting and the main actor is great. He looks so hot and should be in more movies.